Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Classroom Tour 2013-2014



After many years of blog stalking fellow teachers around the United States, I decided it was time to create my own teacher blog.  First off:  a little about myself.  I'm a third year teacher in eastern North Carolina and I'm currently teaching 8th grade English Language Arts.  For my first two years of teaching, I taught 8th grade Science and Social Studies.  So far, this year has been a dream--even in a brand new subject area. I'm so grateful that my students are fabulous and I get the opportunity to learn alongside them as I teach Language Arts.

Here is a little tour of my classroom for the 2013-2014 school year.  After lots of pinning, I decided to go with a movie theme (mainly because I loved the bold color combo of red, yellow and black.)  As of September, it's still a work in progress but I'm loving the color scheme.  This is the first year I have done a "theme" in the middle school classroom and I can already tell it's helping me keep things more visually organized and tidy.

 


 


I need to snap an updated picture of our reading corner.  The "celebrity of the week" gets to hang out in this area which now has a side table and a cozy lamp.  The greatest addition to my classroom this year has been a mirror.  Adolescents love to look at themselves and I know how important it is for students this age.  It's my goal to cut out unnecessary bathroom trips. :)
 
 
Thanks for looking. Come back soon!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment